SporeSwaps and our affiliates respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it by complying with this policy. This policy describes:
- How we collect, use, disclose and protect the personal information of our customers and website users (\”you\”).
- Describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website SporeSwaps (our \”Website\”).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
We will only use your personal information in accordance with this policy unless otherwise required by applicable law. We take steps to ensure that the personal information that we collect about you is adequate, relevant, not excessive, and used for limited purposes. Privacy laws generally define \”personal information\” as any information about an identifiable individual, which includes information that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact, or locate a single person. Personal information does not include business contact information, including your name, title, or business contact information. This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you:
- On SporeSwaps.com.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and SporeSwaps.com.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from SporeSwaps.com, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and SporeSwaps.com.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
- We collect offline or through any other means, including on any other SporeSwaps or third-party website (including our affiliates and subsidiaries).
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on SporeSwaps.com.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices for collecting, processing, and storing your information. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use SporeSwaps.com. By accessing or using SporeSwaps.com, you indicate that you understand, accept, and consent to the practices described in this policy. This policy may change from time to time. Your continued use of SporeSwaps.com after we make changes indicates that you accept and consent to those changes, so please check the policy periodically for updates. We will notify you in advance of any material changes to this policy and obtain your consent to any new ways that we collect, use, and disclose your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name, or other similar identifiers, billing and account information, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, relationship status, employment details and any other identifier we may use to contact you (\”personal information\”).
We provide an opportunity for any user to unsubscribe from our updates or opt-out of contact for marketing purposes on an ongoing basis by accessing SporeSwaps.com, using the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails, or by emailing to our Privacy Officer.
- Non-personal information
- That does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from personal information. For example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Technical information, including your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access SporeSwaps.com, and usage details.
- Non-personal details about your Website interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from SporeSwaps.com (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We use different methods to collect your information, including through:
- Direct interactions with you when you provide it to us, for example, by filling in forms or corresponding with us by phone, email, or otherwise.
- User contributions. You may also provide information for us to publish or display on public Website areas or transmit to other Website users or third parties.
- Automated technologies or interactions
- As you navigate through SporeSwaps.com. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
- Third parties or publicly available sources, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect directly from you on or through SporeSwaps.com may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on SporeSwaps.com. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use SporeSwaps.com, subscribing to our service, posting material, and or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem with SporeSwaps.com.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through SporeSwaps.com and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through SporeSwaps.com.
- Your search queries on SporeSwaps.com.
You may also provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, \”posted\”) on public areas of SporeSwaps.com or transmitted to other users of SporeSwaps.com or third parties (collectively, \”User Contributions\”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we may limit access to certain pages/you may (if available) set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile, please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of SporeSwaps.com with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that unauthorized persons will not view your User Contributions.
Information We Collect Through Cookies and Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- Details of your visits to SporeSwaps.com, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on SporeSwaps.com.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please contact our Privacy Officer for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on SporeSwaps.com and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. The information we collect automatically is statistical information and may include personal information and we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways that you provide to us or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve SporeSwaps.com and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize SporeSwaps.com according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to SporeSwaps.com.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of SporeSwaps.com may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on SporeSwaps.com. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of SporeSwaps.com and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit SporeSwaps, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
GDPR, CAN-SPAM, and Privacy Shield Notice
Natural persons located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) should review the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and Privacy Shield Notice below. In addition, the Privacy Shield Notice should be reviewed if your personal information is transferred from the EEA or Switzerland to the US, pursuant to the E.U.-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield. What is GDPR? https://gdpr.eu/what-is-gdpr/ What is Privacy Shield? https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome What is CAN-SPAM? https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/can-spam-act-compliance-guide-business SporeSwaps.com has taken the following action in response to the requirements in place for GDPR, and CAN-SPAM:
- The ability to opt-out of cookie tracking
- The ability to have all data destroyed/permanently deleted on request
- The ability to unsubscribe from any correspondence with 1-click
- Double opt-in to mailing lists to ensure you have the opportunity for explicit consent
- No misleading email headers (using Fwd: to increase open rates)
- Clearly identify promotional campaigns as advertisements
- Promptly honor opt-outs
Please be advised that if you opt-out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of SporeSwaps.coms.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present SporeSwaps.com and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected or any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you, including for billing and collection, or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to SporeSwaps.com or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To improve SporeSwaps.com, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on SporeSwaps.com.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties\’ goods and services that may be of interest to you, as permitted by law. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please adjust your user preferences in your account profile, use the unsubscribe mechanism at the bottom of our emails and/or contact us through SporeSwaps.com. We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers\’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- In accordance with applicable law, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of SporeSwaps\’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by SporeSwaps about our customers and users is among the assets transferred.
- To advertisers and advertising networks that require the information to select and serve relevant advertisements to you and others. We do not disclose data about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 400 women between 30 and 45 have clicked on their advertisement on a specific day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers target a specific audience (for example, men in a specific location). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to display our advertisers\’ advertisement to that target audience.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to/not opted out of these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the \”email a friend\” feature of SporeSwaps.com, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, in accordance with applicable law.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of SporeSwaps, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer personal information that we collect or that you provide as described in this policy to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (such as analytics and search engine providers that assist us with Website improvement and optimization) and who are contractually obligated to keep personal information confidential, use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them, and to process the personal information with the same standards set out in this policy. We may process, store, and transfer your personal information in and to a foreign country, with different privacy laws that may or may not be as comprehensive as United States law. In these circumstances, the governments, courts, law enforcement, or regulatory agencies of that country may be able to obtain access to your personal information through the laws of the foreign country. Whenever we engage a service provider, we require that its privacy and security standards adhere to this policy and applicable United States privacy legislation. By submitting your personal information or engaging with SporeSwaps.com, you consent to this transfer, storage, or processing. Cross-border data transfers We use website hosting servers and third party processors located in the United States and Canada, which have received an Adequacy Determination from the European Commission, meaning that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect data once it is transferred to that country. Cross-border transfers of information are required for the following:
- Transmitting website data to the host/server
- Transmitting data to third party software companies that may have data centers outside of North America
Transfer of information to you, if you reside outside the operational country of SporeSwaps
- Transfer of your data upon your request to another company
- Transfer of data in the case of SporeSwaps relocating
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies and Advertising.
- Third-Party Advertising.
- If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form where we collect your data (the order form/registration form). You may also opt-out (if available) by logging into SporeSwaps.com and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request.
- Promotional Offers from SporeSwaps.
- If you have opted in to receive certain emails from us but no longer wish to have your email address/contact information used by SporeSwaps to promote our own or third parties\’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by logging into SporeSwaps.com and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an email stating your request. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe link we have included in the email. This opt-out does not apply to information provided to SporeSwaps as part of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
The security of your personal information is very important to us. We use physical, electronic, and administrative measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We store all information you provide to us behind firewalls on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. The safety and security of your information also depend on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of SporeSwaps.com, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of SporeSwaps.com like message boards, which any Website visitor can view. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to SporeSwaps.com. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on SporeSwaps.com.
Except as otherwise permitted or required by applicable law or regulation, we will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Under some circumstances, we may anonymize your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you. We reserve the right to use such anonymous and de-identified data for any legitimate business purpose without further notice to you or your consent.
Third-Party Data Retention
Purchases made through SporeSwaps.com are done through a third-party payment processor. Your credit card and payment information are not held anywhere on SporeSwaps.com or our host servers. Once payment is processed, your payment information is held inside these applications, and their privacy and security policies become applicable.
SporeSwaps operates under the current guidelines and requirements of bulk-emailing. In order to do so, we must use a third-party software to remain in compliance with ever-evolving email spam legislation. We remain in full compliance with the policies in the following section, and data retention guidelines held above.
USERS UNDER THE AGE OF 18 SporeSwaps.com is not intended for users under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information to or on SporeSwaps.com. We do not knowingly collect personal information from users under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on SporeSwaps.com or on or through any of its features/register on SporeSwaps.com, make any purchases through SporeSwaps.com, use any of the interactive or public comment features of SporeSwaps.com, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a user under 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a user under 18, please contact us immediately.
SporeSwaps is not liable for the distribution of active spores to California, Idaho, and Georgia by the vendors. It is solely the vendors responsibility to not ship to any illegal state or countries and SporeSwaps can not be held liable for such actions.
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. You can review and change your personal information by logging into SporeSwaps.com and visiting your account profile page. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an email to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and your right to access and to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you or make your requested changes. Applicable law may allow or require us to refuse to provide you with access to some or all of the personal information that we hold about you, or we may have destroyed, erased, or made your personal information anonymous in accordance with our record retention obligations and practices. If we cannot provide you with access to your personal information, we will inform you of the reasons why subject to any legal or regulatory restrictions. We will provide access to your personal information, subject to exceptions set out in applicable privacy legislation. Examples of such exceptions include:
- Information protected by solicitor-client privilege.
- Information that is part of a formal dispute resolution process.
- Information that is about another individual that would reveal their personal information or confidential commercial information.
- Information that is prohibitively expensive to provide.
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
CONTACT INFORMATION AND CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE